Where We Are
WHERE IN MINNESOTA IS LAKE VERMILION?
HOW TO FIND US
- Lake Vermilion is an easy drive from Minneapolis/St. Paul to the south or from Eau Claire to the southeast.
- From the Twin Cities, take I-35 north to the Hwy 33 exit at Cloquet. Hwy 33 is a 4 lane road which connects with US 53 (also 4 lanes) about 20 miles to the north.
- From Chicago or points east, at Eau Claire, WI turn north on US 53, which remains 4 lanes, all the way to Virginia, MN.
- 4 miles north of Virginia, you can make the choice to continue on US 53 north, which remains 4 lanes, to Cook and the west end of the lake, or turn right onto MN 169 to Tower and the east end of the lake.
(Taken From Mapquest):
- Mpls./St. Paul – 210 miles, 3.5 hrs
- Eau Claire – 250 miles, 5 hrs
- Fargo – 250 miles, 6 hrs
- Des Moines – 500 miles, 8 hrs
- Chicago – 600 miles, 10 hrs
- Kansas City – 670 miles, 10.5 hrs
- Cleveland – 970 miles, 15 hrs
The closest commercial airports are in Hibbing and Duluth. Cook, Orr and Tower all have airports for private planes, and there is a seaplane base on Pike Bay, next to the Tower Airport.